Due to company expansion, we are hiring a Business Development Manager (BDM) to build on our successes and to initiate and develop a system for evaluating, selecting and prioritising business opportunities. To excel in this role, you should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a hunger to chase and close new business, from cold calls and inbound warm leads.
Founded in 2003 by our CEO Mike Gascoyne, MGI Engineering Ltd with 25 permanent, full-time engineering staff based in Oxfordshire, today delivers cutting-edge technology solutions to wider mainstream and newly developing industry sectors. We leverage our unique set of skills and experience across the aerospace and aviation, automotive and transport, and motorsport and marine industries.
The technical team on our Oxfordshire campus are focused on delivering customised, highly innovative solutions to meet our client’s specific requirements. Our DNA is rooted in extensive R&D, fast-paced development, on-time within-budget delivery and reliance on a trusted international network of partners and specialist. We believe in sustainable, mobility and reusable energy technology across all our supported sectors.
We are among the few companies outside Formula 1 to have launched an F1 team from scratch. We also managed an entry into the 24 Hours of LE Mans, a sports car collaboration with Renault Alpine, and the Class 40 sailing project ‘Caterham Challenge’.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the BDM will be the first point of contact for new clients and act as the point of contact for existing clients.
Witney, OxfordshireWithin this position the BDC will be required to spend time visiting clients and attending networking events.
Business Development Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Define market sectors and develop pipelines.
- Increase business turnover.
- Promote our business.
- Be the principal point of contact for new business.
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Researching organisations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Attending conferences, networking events, meetings, and industry events
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
Business Development Coordinator Requirements/experiences:
It’s all about YOU!
This is a strategic role for someone with 2-4 years experience and who enjoys working in a complex and varied environment. To be successful, you will demonstrate all or most of the following experience and attributes:
- Experience in sales, marketing or related field.
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.