Reporting to one of the Senior Engineers, the successful applicant will work alongside some of our expert engineers to gain knowledge of designing parts for a range of vehicles covering the Aerospace, Automotive and Marine sectors.
Founded in 2003 by our CEO Mike Gascoyne, MGI Engineering Ltd with 25 permanent, full-time engineering staff based in Oxfordshire, today delivers cutting-edge technology solutions to wider mainstream and newly developing industry sectors. We leverage our unique set of skills and experience across the aerospace and aviation, automotive and transport, and motorsport and marine industries.
The technical team on our Oxfordshire campus are focused on delivering customised, highly innovative solutions to meet our client’s specific requirements. Our DNA is rooted in extensive R&D, fast-paced development, on-time within-budget delivery and reliance on a trusted international network of partners and specialist. We believe in sustainable, mobility and reusable energy technology across all our supported sectors.
We are among the few companies outside Formula 1 to have launched an F1 team from scratch. We also managed an entry into the 24 Hours of LE Mans, a sports car collaboration with Renault Alpine, and the Class 40 sailing project ‘Caterham Challenge’.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Taking concepts provided by the Principal Design Engineers from initial design through to final detail design and development
- Support designing new components that satisfy stiffness and strength requirements staying within specified weight constraints
- Sympathetically designing composite parts for manufacture.
- Liaising with Stress engineers on FEA and iterating designs accordingly.
- Ensuring all CAD geometry is kept up-to-date and any changes or requests are clearly communicated with other engineers working on the same projects
- Support any off-site testing as required
- Modelling and drafting using 3D CAD software
- Maintain BOM (bill of materials)
Basic Qualifications / Experience:
- Currently studying or have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Automotive/Aeronautical Engineering or similar level engineering qualifications
- Some knowledge of metallic materials and vehicle systems
- Some knowledge of composite design and the various manufacturing techniques would be advantageous although not crucial
- Some knowledge of electrical design would be advantageous although not crucial
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Working knowledge of CAD, preferably Catia 3DX or Siemens NX
- High attention to detail
- An interest in F1 technologies