MGI Engineering is looking for a Junior CFD Engineer to join our highly skilled team to deliver cutting-edge solutions in the aerospace, automotive, motorsport and marine sectors. MGI Engineering is accelerating the creation of technology that will revolutionise how people travel.
Founded in 2003 by our CEO Mike Gascoyne, MGI Engineering Ltd with 25 permanent, full-time engineering staff based in Oxfordshire, today delivers cutting-edge technology solutions to wider mainstream and newly developing industry sectors. We leverage our unique set of skills and experience across the aerospace and aviation, automotive and transport, and motorsport and marine industries.
The technical team on our Oxfordshire campus are focused on delivering customised, highly innovative solutions to meet our client’s specific requirements. Our DNA is rooted in extensive R&D, fast-paced development, on-time within-budget delivery and reliance on a trusted international network of partners and specialist. We believe in sustainable, mobility and reusable energy technology across all our supported sectors.
We are among the few companies outside Formula 1 to have launched an F1 team from scratch. We also managed an entry into the 24 Hours of LE Mans, a sports car collaboration with Renault Alpine, and the Class 40 sailing project ‘Caterham Challenge’.
Reporting directly to the Head of Aerodynamics.
Working within the Aerodynamics team, this position will involve;
- End-to-end responsibility of CFD simulations relating to aircraft development
- Development of CFD methods
- Automation of CFD processes
- Supporting aerodynamicists on a range of development and correlation projects
- Data analysis and writing of detailed Aerodynamic reports
Successful candidates will be expected to;
- Demonstrate knowledge of CFD applied to aerodynamics
- Demonstrate a good understanding of rotorcraft Aerodynamics
- Have a good understanding of the latest CFD methods, 3D CAD systems, mesh generation, post-processing and data analysis
- Integrate into the current team and be actively involved in the CFD development process from a very early stage
- The ability to work efficiently and independently and to follow team practices
- Provide accurate and detailed reports of CFD studies
- Hold a Degree in Aerodynamics or another relevant degree/equivalent qualification
- Have experience with Ansys CFD products (CFX and Fluent). Experience with Openfoam would also be beneficial.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Free Breakfast
- Birthday day off
- Flexible working hours