Contract hours: Full time | Location: Witney, Oxfordshire | Salary: Competitive
MGI Engineering Ltd is looking for a hard-working, proactive Graduate Engineer to join our highly skilled team to deliver cutting-edge solutions in the motorsport, automotive, aerospace, and UAV sectors. MGI Engineering is accelerating the creation of technologies towards a net carbon zero future.
Founded in 2003, MGI Engineering has a 25+ permanent full-time engineering staff based in Witney, Oxfordshire, delivering innovative technology solutions to wider mainstream and newly developing industry sectors. We pride ourselves in having a can-do attitude. Our mission is to develop on-time solutions to maximise performance and drive positive outcomes for a sustainable world.
The technical team on our Oxfordshire campus leverages its extensive experience in the F1 industry to deliver customised, highly innovative solutions to meet our client’s specific requirements within different sectors. Our DNA is rooted in extensive, fast-paced R&D development, on-time, and within-budget delivery. We believe in sustainability, mobility, and reusable energy technology across all our supported sectors.
Reporting to one of the Senior Engineers, the successful applicant will work alongside some of our expert engineers to gain knowledge of designing components and systems across multiple projects. We are among the few companies outside Formula 1 to have launched an F1 team from scratch. We also managed an entry into the 24 Hours of Le Mans, a sports car collaboration with Renault Alpine, and the Class 40 sailing project ‘Caterham Challenge’, among other cool projects.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Taking concepts provided by the Principal Design Engineers from initial design through to final detail design and development.
- Support designing new components that satisfy stiffness and strength requirements staying within specified weight constraints.
- A real emphasis in designing composite parts for manufacture with sustainability in mind.
- Liaising with Stress Engineers and iterating designs accordingly.
- Ensuring all CAD geometry is kept up-to-date and any changes or requests are clearly communicated with other engineers working on the same projects.
- Support any off-site testing as required.
- Modelling and drafting using 3D CAD software.
- Maintain BOM (Bill of Materials).
- Currently studying or have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Automotive/Aeronautical Engineering or similar level engineering qualifications.
- Some knowledge of metallic materials and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Working knowledge of CAD, preferably Catia 3DX or Siemens NX.
- High attention to detail.
- Proactive with a can-do attitude.
Desired but not essential requirements:
- Some knowledge of composite design and the various manufacturing techniques.
- Some knowledge of vehicle systems.
- Some knowledge of electrical design and/or hybrid systems.
- Some knowledge of coding and/or creating macros to improve processes.
- An interest in F1 technologies.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Free Breakfast
- Birthday day off
- Flexible working hours