Senior Electronics & Control Systems Engineer
Contract hours: Full time | Location: Witney, Oxfordshire | Salary: Competitive
MGI Engineering Ltd is looking for a Senior Electronics and Control Systems Engineer to join our highly skilled team to deliver cutting-edge solutions in the aerospace, automotive, motorsport and marine sectors. MGI Engineering is accelerating the creation of technologies towards a net carbon zero future.
Founded in 2003 by our CEO Mike Gascoyne, MGI Engineering has circa 20 full-time engineering staff based in Witney, Oxfordshire, delivering innovative technology solutions to wider mainstream and newly developing industry sectors. We are a very dynamic team with many exciting clients and projects. We pride ourselves on having a can-do attitude.
The technical team leverages its extensive experience in the F1 industry to deliver customised, highly innovative solutions to meet our client’s specific requirements within different sectors. Our DNA is rooted in extensive, fast-paced R&D development, on-time and within-budget delivery, and reliance on a trusted international network of partners and specialists. We believe in sustainability, mobility and reusable energy technology across all our supported sectors.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience of all vehicle systems development phases, from initial requirements definition, configuration development, through build, test, and qualification (focusing on electrical and control networks). They will have developed processes, methods and tools which lead to excellent vehicle design and operation.
Reporting to the Head of System Integration, this position will involve:
- Providing leadership for the integrated conceptual design of whole vehicles system architectures. To take ownership of all vehicle level electrical, sensor and control systems
- Working with both complex land and air-based vehicles
- Working with all departments to ensure the systems are compatible, meet the requirements and provided an optimal solution
- Comply with company quality standards AS 9100D (training will be provided)
- Leading system-level trade studies
- Identifying technology and industry paradigms that can be implemented into our products in order to lead the market
- Identifying vehicle and system functions and developing the requirements framework and the roadmap for their validation and verification
- Scoping and managing external packages of work with consultants/specialists
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant Engineering discipline (Automotive, Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical)
- At least 8 years of applicable experience in an aircraft and or hybrid/battery vehicle development environment
- Experience selecting/designing and developing complex and novel electro-mechanical solutions
- Detailed understanding of modern communication protocols, aerospace/automotive wiring systems, actuator requirements, power system sizing and defining equipment requirements
- Experience of aerospace/automotive software and hardware certification would be advantageous
- Detailed understanding of electric propulsion hardware, vehicle low and high voltage distribution, and significant battery energy storage systems.
- Experience being a key focal point within an ambitious and fast-moving project.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in and across small, flexible, and motivated teams.
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, and commonly used programming codes
- Previous experience within a motorsport environment is beneficial.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English language.
- Must have the right to work in the U.K
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Free Breakfast
- Birthday day off
- Flexible working hours
Please apply now for immediate consideration. Strictly no recruitment agencies.