Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract hours: Full time | Location: Witney, Oxfordshire | Salary: Competitive
MGI Engineering Ltd is looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our highly skilled team to deliver cutting-edge solutions in the aerospace, automotive, motorsport and marine sectors. MGI Engineering is accelerating the creation of technologies towards a net carbon zero future.
Founded in 2003 by our CEO Mike Gascoyne, MGI Engineering has circa 20 full-time engineering staff based in Witney, Oxfordshire, delivering innovative technology solutions to wider mainstream and newly developing industry sectors. We are a very dynamic team with many exciting clients and projects. We pride ourselves on having a can-do attitude.
The technical team leverages its extensive experience in the F1 industry to deliver customised, highly innovative solutions to meet our client’s specific requirements within different sectors. Our DNA is rooted in extensive, fast-paced R&D development, on-time and within-budget delivery, and reliance on a trusted international network of partners and specialists. We believe in sustainability, mobility and reusable energy technology across all our supported sectors.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in CAD modelling preferably in NX having designed components for aircraft, vehicle and other sectors.
Working within the Mechanical team, this position will involve:
- Design and CAD modelling of mechanical components
- Hand calculations to support designs.
- Analysing and interpreting customer requirements
- Preparation of Detailed designs and drawings for manufacture including tolerances
- Interaction with Aerodynamic and Stress departments to ensure full compliance with concept intent and structural integrity.
- Continuous development of designs and process to keep best practices.
- Comply with company quality standards AS 9100D (training will be provided)
- Lead and mentor junior designers to ensure company standards are achieved.
- Supporting the Test team as required to explore and validate technical solutions.
- Educated to Minimum HND level /Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 6 years of experience working in a relevant industrial environment.
- A sound knowledge of computer aided design preferably NX11.
- Experience of CATIA V5/V6/3DX would be beneficial.
- Comfortable performing simple hand calculations to support designs.
- Understanding of manufacturing techniques of mechanical components and tooling
- Ability to apply your knowledge to solve fundamental engineering solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas so that they are understood by different audiences.
- Fluent in spoken and written English language.
- Must have the right to work in the U.K
- Experience working with multiple types of vehicles, including Aircraft and automotive including Motorsports.
- Proficient user of NX or Catia V5 or V6.
- Experienced user of CAD surfacing tools and procedures.
- Previous experience in leading a small team or project.
- Hands-on experience with mechanical materials.
- Knowledge and experience of pre-preg and infusion laminating techniques.
- Awareness of processes and requirements relevant to the certification of aircraft.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Free Breakfast
- Birthday day off
- Flexible working hours
Please apply now for immediate consideration. Strictly no recruitment agencies.