Buyer and Procurement Coordinator
Contract hours: Full time | Location: Witney, Oxfordshire | Salary: Competitive
MGI Engineering Ltd is looking for a Composite Engineer to join our highly skilled team to deliver cutting-edge solutions in the aerospace, automotive, motorsport and marine sectors. MGI Engineering is accelerating the creation of technologies towards a net carbon zero future.
Founded in 2003 by our CEO Mike Gascoyne, MGI Engineering has a 20+ permanent full-time engineering staff based in Witney, Oxfordshire, delivering innovative technology solutions to wider mainstream and newly developing industry sectors. We are a very dynamic team with many exciting clients and projects. We pride ourselves in having a can-do attitude.
The technical team leverages its extensive experience in the F1 industry to deliver customised, highly innovative solutions to meet our client’s specific requirements within different sectors. Our DNA is rooted in extensive, fast-paced R&D development, on-time and within-budget delivery, and reliance on a trusted international network of partners and specialist. We believe in sustainability, mobility and reusable energy technology across all our supported sectors.
Reporting directly to the Head of Composite Design, this position will involve:
- Design and CAD modelling of Composite components
- Analysing and interpreting customer requirements
- Preparation of Detail designs and laminate books
- Interaction with Aerodynamic and Stress departments to ensure full compliance with concept intent and structural integrity.
- Continuous development of designs and process to keep best practices
- Comply with company quality standards AS 9100D (training will be provided)
- Lead and mentor junior designers to ensure company standards are achieved
- Supporting the Test team as required to explore and validate technical solutions
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Educated to Minimum HND level /Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience working in a relevant industrial environment
- A sound knowledge of computer aided design preferably Siemens NX
- Experience of CATIA V5/V6/3DX would be beneficial
- Understanding of manufacturing techniques of composite components and tooling
- Ability to apply your knowledge to solve fundamental engineering solutions
- Experienced user of CAD surfacing tools and procedures
- Ability to communicate complex ideas so that they are understood by different audiences
- Fluent in spoken and written English language
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Free breakfast
- Birthday day off
- Flexible working hours