“The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones.”
MGI Engineering offers high quality consultancy and contracting services to deliver cutting-edge, tailored technology solutions. Our highly experienced and knowledgeable workforce – spearheaded by CEO, Mike Gascoyne, who has over 25 years of success in Formula 1 – having a highly experienced and diverse workforce allows us to meet our clients’ individual needs across different incumbent and emerging industries, including F1, aerospace and the eVTOL sector.
Our capabilities range from composite design, modelling, surfacing, creation of ply books, powertrain and systems integration, as well as FEA (static and dynamic) and CFD analysis, using state-of-the-art software packages.
At MGI, we look to utilise our extensive and unrivalled experience to provide novel and innovative technical solutions that maximise sustainability. We are proud of our proven track record, completing projects on schedule and within budget.
We are racing towards net zero, with an F1 mindset and an experienced engineering team to lead the way!
Company Core Skills
- Senior engineering and project management expertise across multi engineering disciplines
- Comprehensive contracting and consulting services leveraging 30+ years of F1 senior management expertise
- Extensive engineering knowledge and experience in motorsport, automotive, aerospace, and UAV technologies industries
- F1 technology know-how and methodology applied to a wide range of mainstream engineering functions
- Unique expertise in the design of UAV and eVTOL vehicles
- Increased focus on sustainable engineering solutions with mobility, and reusable energy technologies in mind
- Composite and mechanical Finite Element Analysis (FEA), including static, dynamic, fatigue, and crash analysis
- Structural optimisation using state-of-the-art software tools
- CFD capabilities with a range of software tools, including ANSYS Fluent, CFX, Hyperworks CFD, etc.
- Composite and metallic design from conceptual to detailed designs
- Complete turnkey solutions with focus on sustainability
- Extensive 3D surfacing capabilities
- Highly collaborative approach with analysis team, with a focus on Design for Manufacturing
Race and Project Management Capabilities
- Full car design, build, and track testing projects
- Comprehensive lifing, testing, and reliability programs
- Project Management, marketing, and commercial services
UAV Technologies and Services
- Application of lightweight specialist composite design to a new family of sustainably powered niche vehicles
- Development of electric aviation and the growing UAV and AAM market
- Providing specialist design services and novel engineering solutions to the expanding sector of advanced air mobility and its infrastructure
Electric Vehicle Capabilities
- Engineering lightweight structural and powertrain design solutions for the EV market sector
- Providing broad multi discipline experience into the automotive and maritime EV sectors
- Challenging existing design solutions to suit the requirements of future sustainably powered vehicle